Adventist Humanitarian Resource Center
The mission of the Adventist Humanitarian Resource Center (AHRC) is to empower individuals and families in the Metropolitan Philadelphia community by providing educational support and life enhancing opportunities.
We envision communities with strong and enduring foundations that support the physical, educational and spiritual needs of neighborhoods throughout Greater Philadelphia.
Adventist Humanitarian Resource Center (AHRC) is a Philadelphia based 501c3 non-profit organization that was created in 1997 to address identified needs in key urban communities within the region.
The organization provides assistance for personal development through life skills training, family life counseling, summer youth camps, mentoring, tutoring and other programs for the enhancement of the individual and families, without regard to race, religion, gender or class. The following ideals are being maintained
- Community development
- Relationship enhancement
- Financial management
- Personal and professional development
- Total wellbeing
The organization also aims to provide:
- A friendly environment where individuals can find outlet for their emotions without inhibitions and have the assurance that they will receive nurturing, guidance and the confidentiality they need.
- An environment where individuals of all ages can develop a variety of useful skills that will enable many to fulfill their dreams and aspirations.
- Opportunities to bridge the gaps in services to the community
- Opportunities to network with public schools and other organizations with similar interest in the community.
AHRC was established exclusively for charitable, religious, educational purposes including for such purposes the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
2009 Financial Reports :